Wednesday, 27 January 2010


That's it, I am writing these words in Sudan. Finally, we have the foot of the Sudanese soil after 30-hour boat trip. Half of the time actually spent in the ports waiting for shipment, ship, and customs clearance .... It was chaos when we arrived and while it is facinating to watch the chaos to reveal to the police fought Porter and passengers trying to unpack all the goods through every possible hole in this boat is. Some were even ship their suitcases from the top rope fell directly to the reception by the dusty colliding anchered, because there is no such thing as a platform here. The trip was really fun. Once you have accepted the dirt and leaves coacroches used everywhere, it was a unique experience. I got a very good night's sleep and woke up early to watch the sun rise over Lake Nasser as we were passing the temple of Abu Simba, really cool!

The two kids looking through the hole are looking us in our camp
 through a hole in the perimeter wall

A family inside a tuk tuk

Clearing customs, and to obtain any document, meant we had to get out of the last boat, so we can peacefully watch this mess something to terminate the proof, which could inspire the sci-fi movie scenario, so it all seemed unreal. Many hours later, when the last refrigerator and the last TV had been removed from the deck, we could get out of the boat and the proceeds of customs clearance. Thank you once again that the TDA staff of a large organization, this process proceeded smoothly. Another stamp, and another label later we were at last free ride to our camp is based a few miles more. And as soon as we can see how everything was different here. It was a short but beautiful ride behind Western movie. "All the people shouted" Welcome to Sudan, "and the children began immedaitely to join us, some of them keeping some distance. Everyone seemed to be so well dressed, and every building or house is painted with beautiful colors. The sun was busy setting as we had to ride back into town, and it was truly a pleasure to make a few shots of this amazing landscape. We were all overwelmed the kindness of the people.
As the police arrived at the camp was a parade in progress. That, too, was quite an experience. They fired into the air, driving around the pick up trucks, which the police stood by and AK 47 guns. Suddenly, they jumped out of these trucks and the audience joined in, while they began to dance in arms in the air ... What an experience. I have seen such things on CNN before, but never in front of my eyes ...

                                       They queu to change local money, this is a local bank.

The restaurant chef cooking fish

Having spent most of our day on the boat waiting, we were all starving, so quick visit to local restaurants, using touk touks was a welcome initiative. Local fish, the lake turned out to be delicious and the price is 1 euro.


Anonymous said...

Your stories are amazing! I feel like reading Jules Verne again, only with color pictures:) I envy you:)

Anonymous said...

Quel voyage! merci de nous faire rêver à travers ce blog, les paysages ensoleillés nous change de notre froidure hivernale dans les vosges du nord.
Francis Hoffmann

yaluna said...

Wow! That's fantastic! It's great that you have all the cool technology to share this! Hope you enjoy the beer in Ethiopia soon! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you so much for posting all of these wonderful photos and notes about the trip. I am Sam's aunt and we are all following your posts and waiting for the next one with baited breath! Happy Trails!!